In March the whole world went mad and we, Just Jammin’, decided to do a one-off online “show” on Facebook “live” as a way of dealing with all our gigs cancelling.Little did we know that we’d still be doing it in December!
I thought it might be interesting to look back at the “year that was” and see just what we have done in these past 10 months. Here are the highlights
- Show #1 – had the camera the wrong way around!
- Show #2 – different part of The Compound
- Show #3 – The beginning of the Kerri chant
- Show #6 – starting the show from the neighbours house so they could try to watch us online
- Show #7 – first studio audience
- Show#8-15 – various ways of choosing the song order, spin the wheel, live request, out of a hat
- Show #9 – By this show we had our own Compound Courtesy Bus to take our patrons home after the show, driven by our wonderful Bus Driver Michelle. The Compoundians weren’t always so accommodating and often threatened to lock her up, cause physical damage to the bus, spike her drinks and many other inventive ways of stopping her from picking them up!! Just like in a real venue!
- Show #16 – Remote Compound from my cousins’ house with The Crouch Clan
- Show #17 – Alex Hudson joins us live for the first of 3 visits to The Compound
- Show #18-24 – various themed nights with appropriate (or in appropriate – our 2nd 70s night Kerri appeared to be nude!) outfits to match
- Show #25 – The Compound became a “real” venue with the addition of our new sign thanks to Michelle our Compound Courtesy Bus Driver
- Show #27 – our first Saturday night and an event debacle that saw half our Compoundians miss the show
- Show #28 – our new Compound Shirts and water bottles thanks to Sue, Jackie and Alison
- Show #30 – special environmentally friendly dish cloths thanks to Pam
- Show #31 and 32 – Lisa goes it alone as Kerri has HSC marking. The Compoundians all missed Kerri’s “Story time”
- Show #36 – Alex returns and, co-incidentally, its 70s night again. Is this a theme?
- Show #38 – first week we missed since it began as Lisa had a serious back issue
- Show #39 (but technically #38) A very Compound Christmas and the last show for 2020
We also received some hand made pot holders but I neglected to write down when that was (thanks Pam)
We’ve had people from all over the world watching us. Friends from places like:
- All over the UK
- San Fransisco
- Las Angeles
- All over Australia
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Dakota
- Onboard Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth
It’s been absolutely amazing to find that our little bit of silliness each Friday night has managed to put a smile on someone’s face somewhere in the world
We’ve sung 582 songs of which:
- 30 were originals
- 2 were written during lock down
- 116 were brand new songs we have learned since we started
We’ve had views each week averaging 900 a show with a grand total of 38,223!!
It’s been our very great priviledge think that ANYONE at all would join us, let alone KEEP joining us 10 months later.
As we head into Christmas, and things remain uncertain, we want to wish you all the best at this time. We hope you are able to spend it with your loved ones and if you can’t, we wish you strong wifi connection and unlimited minutes. Be safe and see you all in the 2021